Monday, April 25, 2011

Nursery is complete!

Our little one's nursery is finally complete, and I am so pleased with the turn out.  We will add some more items once Baby makes his or her arrival, so that we can have a few gender specific items.
I have to give a huge thanks to everyone who helped it come together.  My mom, who purchased the changing table, and had it painted and complete right on time, and also gave me the idea for the nursery rhyme prints!  My sis, Melody, who hung up the baby clothes, and helped me decide where to put everything.  My sis, Kelsey, who gave me the adorable Geaux Tigers picture (especially since she roots for the VOLS).  Mostly though, Kevin, who has been sooooooo patient when I wanted to move things, while hanging pictures, and with all my obsessing making sure it is perfect!

Here are some pictures, hope you enjoy!

View from the door:


Changing table is an old side board found at an estate sale and painted:


Geaux Tigers!!  My old stuffed bunny rabbit, and baby's coming home outfit.


Bookshelf made from old doors.  I found it at a sale when a local store closed, they used it for display.


Artwork made from pages of a 1950s nursery rhyme book.  Cost $1 at a garage sale, just had them framed in ready made frames from Michael's.


Close up of crib, Bratt Decor Park Avenue crib, bedding is custom done by Ve at Louise's Fashions.  I fell in love with the Blue fabric and found the yellow to add some more color.


Glider and picture frame from Medina, pillow and table skirt also by Ve.  Two giraffe prints from mom, table from an estate sale, and lamp from Target.


Little duck toy was mine when I was little!


Closets by Closets in order, this was just a big empty space.  I love that everything will have a place.





Meet Dixie the Giraffe, Kevin insisted we get a big giraffe, this one is Melissa & Doug, found on Amazon.com


And finally a little peak at my growing cloth diaper stash!

6 comments:

  1. Wow- you did an Ahhhmazing job on the nursery! =) Love all the customized touches & that it was all put together in a gender neutral way {which adds an element of challenge to designing a room}. Super impressed & CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it my beautiful and talented daughter!!! Don't forget your framed birth announcement w/the Sip & See invite! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loooooove it - sooo peaceful and tranquil and perfect! what glider is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the walls and we are thinking of doing somehting just like that! Can you tell me what wall colors you used?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, the glider is from a local store, and I am ashamed to say I don't know the name of the manufactuer. I thhink the style is Lucy, and I think it may be from Rowe Furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the White stripes were done in Sherwin Williams White Dove, the gray was the color already on the walls. The trim is in white dove also.
    I am not sure the color of the gray, but it is close to Benjamin Moore's Edgecomb Gray

    ReplyDelete