Monday, April 18, 2011

34 weeks and a trip to NOLA

We just got back from a long weekend in New Orleans, and it was wonderful!  We arrived on Friday, and after resting a while from the drive, which was not too bad, but not fun this pregnant, we met up with friends for dinner.  We went to August , one of John Besh's restaurants, and it was amazing.  The food was so yummy!  After the long day I went to bed exhausted, and Kevin met up with friends for a while in the Quarter.
Saturday Kevin and I had some room service, and then we headed out to Magazine Street for some serious baby shopping.  We hit up Zuka Baby for some cloth diapers.  It was great to finally be able to shop for these in a store rather than online.  We found some great ones to complete our stash, and found a really cute wet bag.  The girls in the store were super nice and helpful, if you are ever down there, definitely pop in!
After that we went to Baby Bump Maternity  and bought a few more maternity clothes.  I swore I would not purchase any more, but I really underestimated how big I would get.  I finally bought some shorts, I am so glad I did because it is getting HOT here!  I bought 2 more casual dresses and one more dressy dress.  Between friends' baby showers, another party for us, and Easter I will get use out of these for sure, plus two of them will be great for after baby.  The service here was wonderful as well, and everything there was super cute.
We then stopped for lunch, and then did a little window shopping before heading back to Hotel Monteleone for some rest before the main event of our trip... Anna and Scott's wedding.  What a fun wedding!!  Outside in a pretty courtyard with candles all around.  Anna was beautiful,  and it was such a happy occasion.   They had a great band, and I wish I could have stayed till the very end, but I needed to get back and put my feet up!  My feet looked like sausages stuffed into super tiny heels. 
Sunday I woke up feeling refreshed, and we met the Picous and the Mileys across the street at Mr. B's for a wonderful brunch.  I was so excited they were able to drive over and see us.  Its kind of sad, and crazy that this was the last time we will all be able to do this so easily as next time we all see each other there will be 3 more little ones!
After brunch we walked over to Jackson Square to watch Ken finish the Half Ironman.  We spent the rest of the day at Pat O's and then hanging around Ken and Karen's condo before heading to Port of Call for the best cheeseburger ever!
We spent this morning eating beignets and strolling down Royal where we picked up some art work for the house.  We stopped in Baton Rouge for lunch at Sammy's and then finally headed home. 
I am so glad we made this trip, this was the last time we will really be able to just up and go somewhere for a long time! 
Some pics from the trip:

Leigh, Me & Lauren

Kevin, Joseph & Sutton


Me at 34 weeks in front of St. Louis Cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment